Named for the man from Bluffton that built this bridge, as well as many other concrete and steel truss bridges in Northeast Indiana.
- Concrete arch bridge over Wabash River on IN 1 in Bluffton
- Bluffton, Wells County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1934; rehabilitated 1941 and 2006
- - Indiana State Highway Commission (Design)
- J.A. Crosbie (Contractor)
- Closed-spandrel concrete arch
Length of largest span: 71.8 ft.
Total length: 342.8 ft.
Deck width: 43.6 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Wabash River IN 1 Bridge
Indiana State Highway Bridge #1-90-230A
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.74217, -85.17134 (decimal degrees)
40°44'32" N, 85°10'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/654394/4511744 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 000380 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17301 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 66.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- September 17, 2012: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- February 17, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Changed common name