Old Wernle Road Bridge
Photo taken by Tony Dillon in March 2016
BH Photo #349935
This little span appears to have been in service on Wernle Road at some point in time, but the current culvert appears to be new. It likely replaced the replacement of the truss bridge, as the road to the bedstead is long gone. The truss legs are not evident below the lower chord and are likely buried in concrete. The deck is also concrete and is still in good condition. The truss has some significant dings in it, but is overall in decent shape. The endposts are paired channels with batten but don't feature cover plates or lacing, which is unusual. The single vertical is riveted to the top chord, but all other connections are pinned.
Special thanks to Sandra Dillon for alerting me to this neat little span.
- Abandoned Pratt bedstead pony truss over Short Creek on old section of Wernle Road
- Wayne County, Indiana
- Pinned, Pratt bedstead pony truss of 2-panels
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.80414, -84.84476 (decimal degrees)
39°48'15" N, 84°50'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/684503/4408240 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 71329 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 10, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- September 10, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- January 28, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- March 13, 2016: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron