Named for the engineer who designed it, this beautiful wrought iron arch spanned the Whitewater gorge for 65 years before succumbing to progress. It was replaced by the Twentieth Century Bridge.
- Lost Wrought iron arch bridge over East Fork Whitewater River on Richmond Ave
- Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built in 1885 and designed by city engineer Frank Doran, bridge was closed in 1948 and dismantled in 1950.
- - Frank Doran of Richmond, Indiana (Designer)
- Morse Bridge Co. of Youngstown, Ohio
- Wrought iron arched Warren deck truss
Total length: 516.0 ft.
Deck width: 41.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.83388, -84.89785 (decimal degrees)
39°50'02" N, 84°53'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/679880/4411434 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51857 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 19, 2019: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- February 20, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- February 14, 2019: New photos from Tony Dillon
- February 12, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added new information
- January 20, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- September 14, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added builder
- March 24, 2012: Added by Tony Dillon