Big Pine Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Tom Hall in October 2006
BH Photo #115765
Possibly the last surviving span built by the Wabash Bridge & Iron Works.
- Through truss bridge over Big Pine Creek on CR 450 East
- Warren County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1896, rehabilitated in 1970
- - Wabash Bridge & Iron Works of Wabash, Indiana
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 100.4 ft.
Total length: 104.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.46500, -87.23528 (decimal degrees)
40°27'54" N, 87°14'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/480053/4479396 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 8600078 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17172 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 23.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 5, 2016: New photos from Mike Daffron
- February 27, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builders
- June 22, 2008: Updated by Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com