Built at the same time and under the same contract as the Shawnee Bridge, the total being for $89,990. Both spans were built solely by Warren County with no financial support from Fountain County on the other side of the Wabash. The cut stone substructures were built at the same time and did not come from an earlier crossing.
- Lost through truss bridge over Wabash River on Riverside Road
- Warren County, Indiana, and Fountain County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1905, rehabilitated in 1971, replaced in 1993
- - Attica Bridge Co. of Attica, Indiana (Fabricator)
- William P. Carmichael Co. of Williamsport, Indiana (Substructure)
- Wilmer H. Gemmer (Designer)
- 5-span, riveted, double-intersection Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 140.1 ft.
Total length: 708.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- Fountain County Bridge #181
Warren County Bridge #73
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.33481, -87.16789 (decimal degrees)
40°20'05" N, 87°10'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/485739/4464932 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 8600061 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39718 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/1990)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 29.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1988)
- May 17, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added additional information
- November 20, 2010: Posted HAER photos
- February 27, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder and GPS coordinates
- March 25, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Post-mortem information
- February 8, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER IN-67 - Riverside-Independence Bridge, Spanning Wabash River at County Road 500, Riverside vicinity, Fountain County, IN