Laketon Covered Bridge
1941 Alvin Holmes photo
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446021
Story goes that the Amish took this bridge down and used the timbers for other buildings.
- Lost Smith through truss bridge over Eel River on County Road 200 West
- Wabash County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1874 by the Smith Bridge Company; replaced in 1957
- - Smith Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio
- Smith through truss
Length of largest span: 165.0 ft.
Total length: 189.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.97310, -85.83308 (decimal degrees)
40°58'23" N, 85°49'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/598180/4536427 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84884 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 10, 2022: New photo from Stewart Edwin Beitler
- April 2, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Stewart Edwin Beitler - stubear0430 [at] gmail [dot] com