Red Bridge (1897)
The Kokomo Tribune: June 14 1964
BH Photo #486659
A very long Whipple truss... but not the longest in the world as it was claimed to be.
- Lost Whipple through truss bridge over Mississinewa River on Mill Creek Pike (CR-550W)
- Wabash County, Indiana
- Pulled off it's foundation and now lies at the bottom of the reservoir.
- Built 1897; Destroyed 1965
- - Wabash Bridge & Iron Works of Wabash, Indiana
- Whipple through truss
Total length: 212.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.68835, -85.89818 (decimal degrees)
40°41'18" N, 85°53'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/593100/4504745 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 91371 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 7, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added categories "Inundated", "Mississinewa River", "One-lane traffic", "Pin-connected"
- December 7, 2020: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com