CSX - Northern Route Bridge
East side of the bridge
Photo taken by J.P.
BH Photo #204497
Bridge appears to have use to have a swing span, so this bridge is a mix match of time periods which you can see in the piers via concrete and stone. The bridge consists of two warren spans, a camelback span, and 2 deck girders. The warrens and camelback are both pinned. There is a stamp on the bridge showing a paint date of close to 1905. So the bridges age and rehab date is in the air.
- Warren through truss bridge over Wabash River on CSX Transportation
- Terra Haute, Vigo County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built around 1900 for NYC railroad, now carries CSX Transportation and Conrail Shared Assets traffic
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Conrail (CR)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- (2) Pinned Warren Through Trusses
(1) Pinned Camelback Through Truss
(2) Deck Plate Girders
Length of largest span: 217.0 ft.
Total length: 725.0 ft.
Deck width: 6.0 ft.
- Also called
- Conrail - Northern Route Bridge
PC - Northern Route Bridge
NYC - Northern Route Bridge
Conrail Bridge 72/78
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.47546, -87.42002 (decimal degrees)
39°28'32" N, 87°25'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/463874/4369625 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Terre Haute
- Inventory number
- BH 49142 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 10, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Riveted"
- October 10, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- October 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "New York Central Railroad"
- July 21, 2011: New photos from James McCray
- July 19, 2011: Added by J.P.