Flat Iron Bridge
The Pratt truss span was added ca. 1925
- Lost Pennsylvania through truss bridge over Vermillion River on Forest Glen Road
- Vermillion County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge on a different alignment and demolished.
- Built 1898, rehabilitated 1925, replaced 1998
- - Bellefontaine Bridge & Iron Co. of Bellefontaine, Ohio (Fabricator of thru truss based on plaque)
- 14-panel, pinned Pennsylvania through truss
8-panel, riveted Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 207.0 ft.
Total length: 339.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.0 ft.
- Also called
- County Bridge #81
Forest Glen Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.99350, -87.49782 (decimal degrees)
39°59'37" N, 87°29'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/457502/4427153 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 8300049 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39684 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 94.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 15, 2022: Updated by Tony Dillon: Edited some information
- January 15, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Fixed panel # & added categories "14-panel truss", "8-panel truss", "Riveted", "One-lane traffic"
- July 8, 2010: New photo from Jacob P. Bernard
- March 4, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added coordinates and truss type.
- February 8, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Jacob P. Bernard
- Mike Roegner