Bluegrass Creek Bridge
This was a unique little structure with light Lattice Bedstead trusses composed largely of angles, shop-riveted into two sections and then bolted together on site. It featured an arched lower chord that I have not seen on another bedstead truss of any type. Likely constructed in the early twentieth century, the exact date and fabricator are unknown.
- Lost Lattice Bedstead pony truss bridge over Bluegrass Creek on East County Line Road
- Vanderburgh County, Indiana, and Warrick County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Replaced 1997
- Lattice Bedstead pony truss with an arched lower chord
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 62.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
- Also called
- Vanderburgh County Bridge #81
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.06332, -87.47296 (decimal degrees)
38°03'48" N, 87°28'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/458510/4212945 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 8200077 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39679 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/1989)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 25.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1989)
- August 6, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- August 6, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated truss type
- August 6, 2016: Updated by Mike Daffron: Fixed coordinates
- March 23, 2010: Updated by J.P.: updated bridge design
- February 8, 2009: Added by James Baughn