Pigeon Creek 5th Ave. Bridge
First Parker K Truss that I have documented in Indiana
- Lost through truss bridge over Pigeon Creek on Fifth Avenue
- Vanderburgh County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1936; replaced 2000
- K-Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 220.2 ft.
Total length: 253.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.00263, -87.58238 (decimal degrees)
38°00'09" N, 87°34'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/448870/4206267 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Evansville North
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 8200063 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39677 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 81.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 23, 2010: New photos from J.P.
- February 8, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com