US41 Pigeon Creek Bridge
Carried traffic over Pigeon Creek, southbound US 41
- Through truss bridge over Pigeon Creek on Southbound US 41 in Evansville
- Evansville, Vanderburgh County, Indiana
- Built ca. 1940; rehabilitated 1970; rehabilitated 2019; severely damaged by truck 2020
- Riveted, 9-panel Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 197.8 ft.
Total length: 200.7 ft.
Deck width: 25.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.8 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.00417, -87.53861 (decimal degrees)
38°00'15" N, 87°32'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/452713/4206414 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Evansville North
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 014310 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17132 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 39.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 19, 2020: New photo from Garrett DiDomizio
- July 28, 2020: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is closed, and will either be demolished or put in storage.
- October 10, 2018: New video from Mike Daffron
- September 16, 2018: New photos from Mike Daffron
- March 25, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- September 19, 2016: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- April 16, 2010: New Street View added by James Baughn
- February 23, 2010: New photos from J.P.
- March 31, 2009: New photos from James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- Garrett DiDomizio - garrettdidomizio [at] gmail [dot] com