NS - CR 200 North/Barton Beach Road Overpass
West side at dusk.
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #184290
Once carried the famous "Wabash Cannonball" passenger train on its route between Detroit and St. Louis. Today used by Norfolk Southern.
- Deck plate girder bridge over CR 200 North/Barton Beach Road on Norfolk Southern Railway(nee Norfolk and Western Railway, Wabash Railroad)
- Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
- Open to rail traffic
- Original 63' pile trestle built 1881, replaced 1900 with this bridge
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Deck plate girder bridge with cut limestone block abutments.
Length of largest span: 37.0 ft.
Total length: 42.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.5 ft.
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge #583
Wabash, St. Louis & Pacific Railroad Bridge #378
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.45081, -86.84891 (decimal degrees)
40°27'03" N, 86°50'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/512811/4477805 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lafayette East
- Inventory number
- BH 46778 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 1, 2015: Updated by James Holzmeier: Added Wabash bridge numbers and measurements
- November 1, 2010: Added by James Norwood