Melock Hill Bridge
This was a Morrison designed bowstring truss built by the Columbia Bridge Works and similar to the Mallaham Bridge in Putnam County, OH.
Unfortunately, in it's latter years in was heavily damaged and modified. Removal date is unknown.
- Lost Bowstring pony truss bridge over Log Lick Creek, Br. on Melock Hill Road (CR89)
- Switzerland County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built ca.1870 by the Columbia Bridge Works
- - Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, Ohio
- D.H. & C.C. Morrison of Dayton, Ohio
- Wrought iron bowstring pony truss
Span length: 38.0 ft.
Total length: 38.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.0 ft.
- Also called
- County Bridge #22
Morrison Bowstring Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.80299, -84.98192 (decimal degrees)
38°48'11" N, 84°58'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/675240/4296848 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44627 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 27, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon