Yellow River Bridge
Photo courtesy of the Indiana State Department of Natural Resource, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology.
BH Photo #182698
Photo #3 is not this bridge, but is another one that was nearby. It has 8-panels where this bridge only had 7. It may have been the one that was on 300 East which was replaced in 1964.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Yellow River on CR 500 East in Knox
- Starke County, Indiana
- replaced by a new bridge
- Built ca. 1920; rehabilitated 1983
- - Elkhart Bridge & Iron Co. of Elkhart, Indiana
- 7-panel, bolted Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 125.9 ft.
Total length: 127.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #25
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.30228, -86.60148 (decimal degrees)
41°18'08" N, 86°36'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/533362/4572390 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Knox East
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 7500016 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17064 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 19, 2017: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- October 16, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Changed this from a pony to a through truss.
- April 23, 2009: Updated by J.P.: replaced by a new bridge