Ash Road Bridge (1883)
ca. 1910 postcard view
BH Photo #507787
Based on the length of the current bridge this was likely a 2 or 3 span structure.
Portal design identifies it as a Columbia Bridge Works product.
- Lost Whipple through truss bridge over St Joseph River on Ash Road (County Line Road)
- St. Joseph County, Indiana, and Elkhart County, Indiana
- Replaced by the current concrete arch bridge in 1929.
- Built 1883 by the Columbia Bridge Works; Replaced 1929
- - Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, Ohio
- Pinned Whipple through truss
- Also called
- Old County Line Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.68000, -86.06136 (decimal degrees)
41°40'48" N, 86°03'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/578124/4614673 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 94409 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 20, 2021: Updated by Art Suckewer: added build date
- September 20, 2021: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Art Suckewer - Asuckewer [at] knite [dot] com