Hood's Ford Bridge
Nearing Flat Rock, Ind.
1911 Postcard View
BH Photo #483666
Another beautiful product of the short-lived Indianapolis Bridge Company, that would have been built between 1883 and 1885. The impressive cut stone abutments and pier remain, and along with two added concrete piers now support the ugly replacement slab.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Flatrock River on County Road 250 West
- Shelby County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge utilizing the old substructure
- Built between 1883-85; Replaced 1971
- - Indianapolis Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- (2)9-panel, pinned Pratt through trusses
Length of largest span: 126.0 ft.
Total length: 252.0 ft.
- Also called
- Flat Rock Bridge
CR 250W-Flatrock River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.36806, -85.82774 (decimal degrees)
39°22'05" N, 85°49'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/600981/4358277 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 90857 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 9, 2020: New photo from Tony Dillon