PRR Drainage Bridge
Abandoned Near Manilla
Not worth the trouble to salvage?
Photo taken by Ed Hollowell in December 2009
BH Photo #160042
A reminder of the railroad that ran beside Indiana State Road 44 between Shelbyville and Rushville from 1850 till 1976. Today only a few reminders remain of this pioneer road. I guess the girders weren't worth the trouble to drag off.
- Abandoned steel stringer bridge on Former Pennsylvania Railroad
- Shelby County, Indiana
- Orginal for Rushville & Shelbyville Railroad in 1850, abandoned Conrail; 1976
- - Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Steel stringer
Total length: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.56663, -85.64122 (decimal degrees)
39°33'60" N, 85°38'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/616717/4380540 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Rays Crossing
- Inventory number
- BH 44669 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 17, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "railroad"
- November 22, 2011: Updated by J.P.: corrected County location
- March 30, 2010: Added by Ed Hollowell
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com