Mound Road Bridge
Photo taken by Joshua Collins
BH Photo #111631
The current bridge replaced a 2 span Bowstring Bridge that also consisted of a through truss and a pony truss. The replacement bridge was built using one of the original cut-stone abutments and the pier. A historic postcard shows this bridge and refers to it as the Pike Bridge.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Flatrock River on Mound Road
- Shelby County, Indiana
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built in 1910 by the Lafayette Engineering Company
- - Lafayette Engineering Co. of Lafayette, Indiana
- 6-panel, riveted Pratt through truss
4-panel, riveted Warren pony
Length of largest span: 105.6 ft.
Total length: 167.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- St. Paul Bridge
County Bridge #147
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.41901, -85.63315 (decimal degrees)
39°25'08" N, 85°37'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/617658/4364167 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 7300135 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17023 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 18.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- September 24, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- July 4, 2017: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder and date of construction.
- July 24, 2016: New photos from Mike Daffron
- April 29, 2012: New photos from Chris Wanninger
- March 28, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Modified truss types
- February 16, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added to history of bridge.
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Wayne Grodkiewicz - WGrodkiewi [at] aol [dot] com
- Chris Wanninger
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Dana and Kay Klein