Red Mills Bridge
This Luten designed bridge replaced a 2 span wrought iron bowstring bridge that had been damaged by a vehicle collision.
- Concrete arch bridge over Sugar Creek on CR 400 North
- Shelby County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1927
- - Daniel B. Luten (Designer)
- National Concrete Co. (Contractor)
- Luten designed 4-span arch
Length of largest span: 64.9 ft.
Total length: 263.1 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Sugar Creek Bridge
County Bridge #49
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.58250, -85.92139 (decimal degrees)
39°34'57" N, 85°55'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/592629/4381976 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 7300049 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17030 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 42.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- October 24, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: This 4 span Luten arch bridge is doomed
- October 19, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: This is a Luten designed arch bridge.
- December 5, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- December 4, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added historic name
- August 5, 2009: New photo from zach spencer
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Craig Philpott - cphilpott [at] puc [dot] edu
Sugar Creek Bridge