Red Mills Bridge
Photo taken by Tony Dillon in November 2012
BH Photo #267807
This Luten designed bridge replaced a 2 span wrought iron bowstring bridge that had been damaged by a vehicle collision.
- Lost concrete arch bridge over Sugar Creek on CR 400 North
- Shelby County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1927
- - Daniel B. Luten (Designer)
- National Concrete Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana (Contractor)
- Luten designed 4-span arch
Length of largest span: 64.9 ft.
Total length: 263.1 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- Sugar Creek CR 400N Bridge
Old County Bridge #49
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.58250, -85.92139 (decimal degrees)
39°34'57" N, 85°55'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/592629/4381976 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 7300049 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17030 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2014)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 57.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 10, 2017: New photos from Tony Dillon
- November 3, 2015: New photo from Audrie Mallory
- January 21, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added demo plans details.
- October 6, 2013: New photos from Tony Dillon
- October 24, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: This 4 span Luten arch bridge is doomed
- October 19, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: This is a Luten designed arch bridge.
- December 5, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- December 4, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added historic name
- August 5, 2009: New photo from zach spencer