Tobias Ford Bridge
Photo taken by James McCray in February 2016
BH Photo #348706
The nearby concrete span on CR 800W (Jennings County) was built in 1983, and may have been when the road was realigned and this bridge was abandoned. A look at some historic satellite imagery might confirm this. Looks to be 1890-1900ish, and I wouldn't be surprised if a firm from either Lafayette or Muncie had something to do with it!
Very neat that it has remained, now we just need to get it preserved!
July 1897 contract was for $3,840 to the Wrought Iron Bridge Company.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Muscatatuck River on an abandoned section of CR 850
- Scott County, Indiana, and Jennings County, Indiana
- Built in 1897-98 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company, abandoned after a new bridge was built on a different road nearby.
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- 8 panel pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 130.5 ft.
Total length: 191.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.2 ft.
- Also called
- Muscatatuck River Bridge
Scott County Bridge #107
Jennings County Bridge #110
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.81570, -85.75703 (decimal degrees)
38°48'57" N, 85°45'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/607911/4297058 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 70784 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 11, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- June 1, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- March 19, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- August 28, 2016: New photos from Mike Daffron
- February 20, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added historic name, builder and construction date, and additional info.
- February 17, 2016: New photos from J.P.
- February 10, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added information about possible abandonment date
- February 9, 2016: New photo from J.P.
- February 9, 2016: New photos from James McCray
- February 5, 2016: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron