Tobias Ford Bridge
Photo taken by James McCray in February 2016
BH Photo #348706
The nearby concrete span on CR 800W (Jennings County) was built in 1983, and may have been when the road was realigned and this bridge was abandoned. A look at some historic satellite imagery might confirm this.
Very neat that it has remained, now we just need to get it preserved!
July 1897 contract was for $3,840 to the Wrought Iron Bridge Company.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Muscatatuck River on an abandoned section of CR 850
- Scott County, Indiana, and Jennings County, Indiana
- Built in 1897-98 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company, abandoned after a new bridge was built on a different road nearby.
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- 8 panel pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 130.5 ft.
Total length: 191.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.2 ft.
- Also called
- Muscatatuck River Bridge
Scott County Bridge #107
Jennings County Bridge #110
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.81570, -85.75703 (decimal degrees)
38°48'57" N, 85°45'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/607911/4297058 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 70784 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 28, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- September 14, 2019: New video from Mike Daffron
- June 11, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- June 1, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- March 19, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- August 28, 2016: New photos from Mike Daffron
- February 20, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added historic name, builder and construction date, and additional info.
- February 17, 2016: New photos from J.P.
- February 10, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added information about possible abandonment date
- February 9, 2016: New photo from J.P.
- February 9, 2016: New photos from James McCray
- February 5, 2016: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com