Hog Creek IN 3 Bridge
The previous bridge at this location was a metal three panel Warren pony truss, with a span length of 45' and a roadway width of 15' 4"
- Pony truss bridge over Hog Creek on IN 3
- Scott County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1939; rehabilitated 1979
- Riveted Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 84.0 ft.
Total length: 87.9 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.68333, -85.69139 (decimal degrees)
38°40'60" N, 85°41'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/613820/4282449 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 000730 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17008 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2012)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 31.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- February 1, 2016: Updated by J.P.: Bridge has been replaced
- January 7, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed. Added previous bridge info per bridge plans.
- April 15, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- February 18, 2008: New photos from James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth