Norris Ford Covered Bridge 14-70-08
Photo taken Sept. 2006 by Tom Hall
BH Photo #102987
This is the next to last bridge constructed by the Kennedy family. It does not feature the trademark scrolls and brackets found on earlier Kennedy spans. They were Victorian styling that was considered to be out of vogue by the early 20th century.
- Covered bridge over Flatrock River on CR 300 North
- Rush County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1916 by E. L. Kennedy
- Covered Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 147.9 ft.
Total length: 152.8 ft.
Deck width: 14.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.65533, -85.40950 (decimal degrees)
39°39'19" N, 85°24'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/636448/4390712 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 7000090 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
WGCB 14-70-08 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 17002 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 45.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 9, 2010: New photo from Bill Eichelberger
- May 24, 2009: Updated by Brian McKee: Added World Guide Number to Title
- June 29, 2008: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- October 23, 2006: Posted photo from Tom Hall