Conn's Creek Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445184
The replacement stringer was placed on the beautiful cut stone abutments and may still be in place today. One of at least three built in Rush County by the Kennedy's in which the arch was left off due to the short length.
- Lost Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Conn's Creek on County Road 800 West
- Rush County, Indiana
- Partially collapsed due to an overweight truck and was later replaced.
- Built in 1884 by the Kennedy Brothers; Heavily damaged by an overweight truck in 1967 and replaced.
- - Kennedy Brothers
- Multiple Kingpost through truss
Length of largest span: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 86.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.55016, -85.59341 (decimal degrees)
39°33'01" N, 85°35'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/620852/4378776 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84813 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 10, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added year lost.
- June 10, 2020: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- March 27, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com