Conn's Creek Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445184
There is a discrepancy over the lost date for this bridge. IHS says it was 1976 but I'm pretty certain it was gone in the 1960's. The replacement stringer was placed on the beautiful cut stone abutments and may still be in place today. One of at least three built in Rush County by the Kennedy's in which the arch was left off due to the short length.
- Lost Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Conn's Creek on County Road 800 West
- Rush County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1884 by the Kennedy Brothers
- - Kennedy Brothers
- Multiple Kingpost through truss
Length of largest span: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 86.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.55016, -85.59341 (decimal degrees)
39°33'01" N, 85°35'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/620852/4378776 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84813 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 27, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon