Marble Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Tony Dillon in June 2016
BH Photo #356407
The smallest of the 4 NRL store arches in Big Oaks/JPG area.
- Stone arch bridge over Marble Creek on G Road
- Ripley County, Indiana
- Open to traffic with restricted access
- Built ca. 1905, Concrete deck added in 1986.
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 32.0 ft.
Total length: 36.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- JPG #25
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.92759, -85.44205 (decimal degrees)
38°55'39" N, 85°26'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/635046/4309895 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- San Jacinto
- Land survey
- T. 6 N., R. 10 E., Sec. 32
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 96000785 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 72618 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Not deficient
Sufficiency rating: 75.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- May 24, 2017: Updated by Clark Vance: NBI and other facts
- June 26, 2016: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- SHAARD - NRHP nomination form
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com