Collins Ford Bridge
Only Stone Arch in Big Oaks/JPG with an accessible side view... And it's trashed by this STUPID pipe!!!
Photo taken by Tony Dillon in June 2016
BH Photo #356415
1 of 4 Stone Arch bridges in Big Oaks F&W/Jefferson Proving Grounds land.
- Stone arch bridge over Big Graham Creek on K Road
- Ripley County, Indiana
- Open to traffic with limited access
- Built in 1907 by John Rogers, rehabilitated in 1986
- - James E. Wright
- John S. Rogers
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 48.0 ft.
Total length: 108.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on
- Also called
- JPG #28
ANG Bridge 23
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.00808, -85.37054 (decimal degrees)
39°00'29" N, 85°22'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/641085/4318936 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 7 N., R. 10 E., Sec. 35
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 96000787 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 72621 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 53.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- May 24, 2017: Updated by Clark Vance: Located on map
- June 26, 2016: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- SHAARD - NRHP nomination form