Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in April 2010
BH Photo #162894
A friend showed me this bridge, which was previously unlisted on this or the SHAARD sites. I have not been able to find out any further information on the history of it, and am looking for any help to fill in the blanks.
- Abandoned concrete girder bridge over Vernon Fork Muscatatuck River on Abandoned section of Brownstown Road (CR 800N)
- Ripley County, Indiana
- Built 1926
- Concrete through girder with articulated floorbeams
Length of largest span: 33.1 ft.
Total length: 99.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- Brownstown Road Bridge
CR 800N Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.19002, -85.43555 (decimal degrees)
39°11'24" N, 85°26'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/635108/4339029 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 9 N., R. 10 E., Sec. 32
- 838 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 6900109 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 44930 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2008)
- Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 22.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- September 24, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Refined structure type following field visit.
- February 26, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added topo map data
- June 12, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: CR 800N Bridge
- April 19, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon