Unique laced endposts and top chords. There was possible railroad involvement in the building of this bridge. The bridge was known in the community as the Overhead bridge.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Penn-Central Railroad on Main Street (SR 229)
- Batesville, Ripley County, Indiana
- Road level crossing built on a new alignment and old bridge removed.
- Built 1906
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Span length: 101.0 ft.
Total length: 101.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.2 ft.
- Also called
- Main Street SR 229 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.29342, -85.22726 (decimal degrees)
39°17'36" N, 85°13'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/652873/4350836 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44402 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 21, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added common local name
- March 12, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon