Laughery Creek Viaduct
View looking Northwest.
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in November 2009
BH Photo #148899
109 feet tall, 11 towers with 30 foot spans above each.One 90 ft. span. Nine 60 ft. spans and two 59 1/2 ft. spans. Stone arch abutments make up the balance of 1300 ft.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Laughery Creek on CSX Railroad (former Baltimore and Ohio Railroad)
- Ripley County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1901 by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, major repair work in 1958 or 1959 with some girders replaced.
- - Union Bridge Co. of Buffalo, New York & Athens, Pennsylvania
- - Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (B&O; BO)
- CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Deck plate girder with Arched masonry abutments.
Length of largest span: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 1,300.0 ft.
- Also called
- B & O RR: Laughery Creek Viaduct (Historic)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.13878, -85.24849 (decimal degrees)
39°08'20" N, 85°14'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/651374/4333638 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 43595 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 11, 2017: New photos from Tony Dillon
- April 26, 2013: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Enlarged on builder and details of spans.
- March 28, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: added height
- February 6, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added GPS coordinates
- November 8, 2009: Added by Anthony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com