Steubenville Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446156
One of three covered bridges built in 1883 by the Kennedy family in Randolph County.
The exact location of this bridge is unknown, but it was near the current State Road 1 Parker truss bridge. The road was straightened out as the old bridge was on a bad alignment.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Mississinewa River on State Route 1
- Randolph County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1883 by A.M. Kennedy & Sons; replaced in 1941 by the current Parker truss bridge.
- - A.M. Kennedy & Sons
- Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.28310, -85.14958 (decimal degrees)
40°16'59" N, 85°08'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/657301/4460822 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84918 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 5, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon