Franklin Street Bridge
This structure featured a 30 foot main roadway in addition to 25 foot wide walkways on each side supported by smaller girders. These walkways were decorated with beautiful railings.
- Lost Pony/through plate girder bridge over Salt Creek on Franklin Street
- Winchester, Randolph County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1903 by the Indiana Bridge Company; replaced in 1989
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- 3-panel, Pony plate girder
Span length: 45.0 ft.
Total length: 45.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #306
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.17165, -84.97888 (decimal degrees)
40°10'18" N, 84°58'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/672095/4448767 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 77978 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 20, 2017: Added by Tony Dillon