Barnard Covered Bridge
1942 Alvin Holmes photo
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446015
Was referred to as "Danger's Bridge" after it slipped sideways on the Southern abutment during a storm in the 1940's.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over Big Walnut Creek on County Road 800 East
- Putnam County, Indiana
- Destroyed by flooding
- Built in 1899 by J.A. Watkins; lost in 1957
- - J.A. Watkins
- Howe through truss
Length of largest span: 112.0 ft.
Total length: 120.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.83240, -86.70585 (decimal degrees)
39°49'57" N, 86°42'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/525170/4409197 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84883 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 2, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon