Wasson's Ford Bridge
Photo taken July 2006 by Tom Hall
BH Photo #102956
It appears likely that the Wrought Iron Bridge Company built this as a 2 span bridge around 1890. Sometime around 1910 the Northern span was probably damaged or lost to flooding and was replaced by the Warren truss.
- Two-span through truss bridge over Tippecanoe River on Road 75 East, south of Winamac
- Pulaski County, Indiana
- Closed to all traffic with most of deck gone
- Built ca. 1890
- - Winamac Bridge Co. (Possible fabricator-North span)
- Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio (South span)
- Mixed trusses consist of a Pratt through truss and a Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 127.9 ft.
Total length: 259.7 ft.
Deck width: 14.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Woodruff Bridge
County Bridge #196
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.02390, -86.58672 (decimal degrees)
41°01'26" N, 86°35'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/534745/4541492 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 6600106 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16899 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Sufficiency rating: 17 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 18, 2016: New photo from Art Suckewer
- February 26, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder and description.
- September 15, 2006: Posted corrected photo from Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com