Gresham Creek Covered Bridge
1926 Homer Fauntleroy photo
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445913
One of three Posey County covered bridges built in 1867 by W.T. Washer.
Apparently this stream is now referred to as Harmony Creek.
Location is only approximate as the road appears to be gone.
Replaced an earlier span constructed in 1846 Variel and Craddock.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Gresham Creek on River Road
- Posey County, Indiana
- No longer exists
- Built in 1867 by W. T. Washer; replaced in 1926
- - William T. Washer
- Burr arch-truss
- Also called
- River Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.13723, -87.92622 (decimal degrees)
38°08'14" N, 87°55'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/418831/4221446 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84830 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 23, 2021: New photo from Garrett DiDomizio
- March 30, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Garrett DiDomizio - garrettdidomizio [at] gmail [dot] com