Pikeville Covered Bridge
Vintage postcard scan.
Scan by Bill Eichelberger
BH Photo #165858
This was the last covered bridge in use on an Indiana state road when it was destroyed.
- Lost Covered Bridge over Patoka River on State Road 257
- Pikeville, Pike County, Indiana
- Destroyed by arson fire
- Built in 1887 by William T. Washer, destroyed by arson on July 4, 1972.
- - O. J. Greenway
- William T. Washer
- Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 125.0 ft.
Total length: 134.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.32765, -87.11603 (decimal degrees)
38°19'40" N, 87°06'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/489858/4242176 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 14-63-01x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 45301 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 2, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- June 23, 2018: New photo from Linda Daffron
- December 27, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- November 1, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Builder Information
- August 23, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Location, width and restoration date and location
- May 19, 2010: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Linda Daffron
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com