Photo taken by J.P. in June 2009
BH Photo #140044
When approaching this bridge, be sure to approach from the South. The road to the north is almost impassable.
- Through truss bridge over Patoka River on CR 500 West (Miller Bridge Road)
- Pike County, Indiana, and Gibson County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1920
- - Vincennes Bridge Co. of Vincennes, Indiana
- Bolted, 9-panel Camelback through truss
Length of largest span: 153.8 ft.
Total length: 162.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Gibson County Bridge #388
Pike County Bridge #32
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.37732, -87.37062 (decimal degrees)
38°22'38" N, 87°22'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/467627/4247746 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 6300157 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16857 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 35.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 26, 2018: New photos from Carl Crasher
- November 19, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- August 21, 2015: New photos from Mike Daffron
- March 31, 2010: New photos from James McCray
- March 27, 2010: New photos from James Simmons
- March 12, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Added county and Alternate names
- March 11, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added name and builder
- May 9, 2009: New photos from J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Robert Stephenson - seinfeld99 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- James Simmons - james [at] simmons [dot] net
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com