This span replaced a covered bridge at this location.
- Lost through truss bridge over Patoka River on IN 61
- Pike County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built ca. 1930; rehabilitated 1981; replaced 1998
- - Indiana State Highway Commission (Designer)
- Vincennes Bridge Co. of Vincennes, Indiana (Fabricator)
- Riveted Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 198.2 ft.
Total length: 201.1 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
- Also called
- SR 61 Patoka River Bridge
Indiana State Highway Bridge #61-63-1008C
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.38022, -87.21725 (decimal degrees)
38°22'49" N, 87°13'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/481024/4248025 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 021720 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39536 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2015)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 87.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 4, 2015: New photos from Mike Daffron
- March 11, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder and truss type
- February 8, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com