Big Rocky Fork Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in July 2012
BH Photo #235331
While taking pictures of of the Rocky Fork Covered Bridge I didn't even pay attention to the new bridge as it was listed as 1987. When I got between the two I spotted "Soo Line" on the newer bridge. Turns out to be another recycled flatcar bridge.
- Bridge over Rocky Fork Creek on CR720S
- Parke County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1987 out of 2 railroad flat cars
- Two Soo Line RR flat cars braced together with a poured concrete deck
Length of largest span: 74.8 ft.
Total length: 85.0 ft.
Deck width: 21.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.66278, -87.08056 (decimal degrees)
39°39'46" N, 87°04'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/493090/4390333 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 6100006 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 52944 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 49.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 18, 2018: New photos from Linda Daffron
- September 23, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- July 17, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Correct a few minor typos
- July 17, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Recycled Flatcar"