Catlin Covered Bridge
Photo taken by Brian McKee in June 2009
Written by Robert Stephenson
Catlin bridge was originally located on the north side of Catlin on Rockville Rosedale road over Sunderland creek. Relocated in 1961 to cross Bill Diddle creek in the Parke county golf course, 2 miles north of Rockville near US highway 41.
- Covered bridge over Bill Diddle Creek on a pedestrian path at Parke County Golf Course
- Parke County, Indiana
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1907, relocated in 1961
- - Clark McDaniel
- Covered Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 54.0 ft.
Total length: 72.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 22, 1978
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.79165, -87.23825 (decimal degrees)
39°47'30" N, 87°14'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/479601/4404659 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 78000387 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 42266 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 15, 2010: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- May 12, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- October 18, 2009: New photos from Brian McKee
- April 8, 2009: Essay added by Robert Stephenson