Turkey Run Suspension Bridge
Photo taken by J.P. in December 2009
BH Photo #150481
Wooden deck. Rebuilt in 2013 after damaged during April 2013 flood. Everything new except main cables.
- Wire suspension bridge over Sugar Creek on Pedestrian Path
- Parke County, Indiana
- Re-opened in October 2013.
- Built 1918 after collaspe of the orginal bridge
- - Layette Engineering Co.
- Wallace Marshall
- Wire suspension
Total length: 202.0 ft.
Deck width: 4.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.88934, -87.19951 (decimal degrees)
39°53'22" N, 87°11'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/482942/4415494 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 43722 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 23, 2015: New photo from Gene Smania
- February 22, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- October 17, 2014: New photos from Patrick S. O'Donnell
- July 10, 2014: New photo from Andrew Raker
- December 28, 2013: Updated by Brent Tindall: Changed status to open.
- May 11, 2013: Updated by J.P.: closed due to recent flooding
- August 4, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: bulders and dimensions
- March 8, 2010: New photos from James McCray
- December 8, 2009: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Jay Johnson - Article "Getting To The Other Side" from "Outdoor Indiana" Magizine Nov. 1989
- Brent Tindall - bizzat219 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Andrew Raker
- Patrick S. O'Donnell - 1 [dot] 991km [at] comcast [dot] net