State Sanatorium Covered Bridge 14-61-38
Photo taken by Tom Hall in May 2006
BH Photo #125986
State Sanatorium Covered Bridge
video by Mike Daffron
The bridge was not at this location when the imagery was taken in 2005. If you follow the creek downstream about one mile you will see the bridge in it's original location.
- Covered bridge over Little Raccoon Creek
- Parke County, Indiana
- Moved to new location and reopened
- Built 1913, relocated in 2008 to a new location upstream
- - Dan Collum & Co.
- Joseph A. Britton
- Covered Burr arch-truss
Total length: 154.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.78120, -87.14501 (decimal degrees)
39°46'52" N, 87°08'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/487582/4403482 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 37620 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 16, 2021: New video from Mike Daffron
- September 27, 2020: New photos from Mike Daffron
- September 14, 2020: New photos from Mike Daffron
- June 18, 2018: New photo from Linda Daffron
- May 7, 2010: New photo from Anthony Dillon
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added GPS coordinates for new location.
- October 25, 2009: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- January 30, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon
- January 25, 2009: Updated by Kim Harvey
- October 14, 2008: Added by Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Kim Harvey
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Linda Daffron
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com