Turkey Run Bridge
Turkey Run Bridge
Bridge is within Turkey Run State Park; this photo was taken from the Run itself, which is part of Trail 6.
Photo taken by Jim Grey
BH Photo #143406
On Turkey Run State Park near the Turkey Run Inn. The bridge was originally part of State Road 47 until 1933.About 100 foot above Turkey Run Creek.
- Concrete arch bridge over Turkey Run on Service Road
- Parke County, Indiana
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1914
- - W. E. Ireland (contractor)
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 82.7 ft.
Deck width: 17.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.88326, -87.20611 (decimal degrees)
39°52'60" N, 87°12'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/482376/4414820 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 060020 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16834 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2013)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 34.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 28, 2013: Updated by Brent Tindall: Adjusted GPS coordinates
- September 3, 2010: Updated by Jim Grey: Modified to "open to pedestrians only."
- August 6, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Added to discription
- July 24, 2009: New photos from Jim Grey
- Jim Grey - mobilene [at] gmail [dot] com
- Jay Johnson - Article "Getting To The Other Side" from "Outdoor Indiana" Magizine Nov. 1989
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Brent Tindall - bizzat219 [at] yahoo [dot] com