Patoka River CR175W Bridge
Photo taken by James McCray in September 2013
BH Photo #333141
The "Remnant" of what was once a combination bridge consisting of an 1887 wrought iron through truss and this riveted Pratt pony that was added probably ca. 1915. Unfortunately, the more historic through truss was replaced about 1985 with a slab structure.
- Pony truss bridge over Patoka River on CR 175W
- Orange County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Originally consisted of a through truss span built in 1887, with a pony truss added ca. 1915. The through truss was replaced in 1985.
- 5-panel, Riveted Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 76.8 ft.
Total length: 168.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- County Bridge #91
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.44217, -86.48766 (decimal degrees)
38°26'32" N, 86°29'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/544710/4255001 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5900064 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 57843 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 36.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 19, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added information and changed build date on the pony truss.
- July 19, 2015: New photos from James McCray
- September 3, 2013: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com