Old IN67 Lambs Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon
BH Photo #115530
The Lamb's Creek Bridge is a rare surviving example of a Pratt through truss bridge, the most common type of metal bridge constructed in Indiana during the late nineteenth-century. It is an excellent example of the work of the Wrought Iron Bridge Company, which supplied more Pratt through trusses to the state than any other Ohio company.
- Historic American Engineering Record
- Through truss bridge over Lambs Creek on Old IN 67
- Morgan County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1893 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co.
- - CLR Construction of Vincennes, Indiana (Restoration)
- Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pin-connected, 5-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 85.0 ft.
Total length: 85.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Burnett's Creek Bridge
Lamb's Creek Bridge
Morgan County Bridge No. 146
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.42389, -86.47500 (decimal degrees)
39°25'26" N, 86°28'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/545188/4363949 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5500121 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16707 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 56.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 31, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- September 13, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- January 17, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Alternate names, HAER data and categories
- September 7, 2009: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER IN-102 - Lamb's Creek Bridge, Spanning Lamb's Creek at Old State Road 67 West, Martinsville vicinity, Morgan County, IN
- Robert Stephenson - seinfeld99 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com