Big Raccoon Creek CR 1000S Bridge
Unusual design for an IBCo. bridge, may have been sublet to them by the Elkhart Bridge Company as it matches some of their other spans.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Big Raccoon Creek on County Road 1000 South
- Montgomery County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1901
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- 6-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Span length: 112.0 ft.
Total length: 112.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.6 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.9 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #196
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.89446, -86.83669 (decimal degrees)
39°53'40" N, 86°50'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/513961/4416056 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 77462 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 31, 2017: Added by Tony Dillon