Rating:
No votes cast

Sugar Mill Creek CR 150S Bridge

Photos 

Photo courtesy of the Indiana State Department of Natural Resource, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology.

Enlarge

View more info about Indiana historic bridges from the SHAARD database

BH Photo #392921

Map 

Facts 

Overview
Lost Pony truss bridge over Sugar Mill Creek on County Road 150 South
Location
Montgomery County, Indiana
Status
Replaced by new bridge
History
Built 1912 by the Elkhart Bridge & Iron Company
Builder
- Elkhart Bridge & Iron Co. of Elkhart, Indiana
Design
3-panel, pinned Pratt pony truss
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 49.2 ft.
Total length: 105.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Also called
Old County Bridge #130
Approximate latitude, longitude
+40.01804, -87.08733   (decimal degrees)
40°01'05" N, 87°05'14" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
16/492547/4429763 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Waynetown
Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
50
Inventory numbers
INNBI 5400102 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16686 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection report (as of April 2016)
Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 97 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com

Update Log 

  • November 22, 2011: Updated by J.P.: bridge has been replaced

Sources 

  • J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
  • Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com

Comments 

Sugar Mill Creek Bridge
Posted April 1, 2007, by Tom Hall (thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com)

This bridge no longer exits. Replaced by modern concrete bridge.