Brank Brown Bridge
This is said to be the bridge that Gene Hackman drove through at the beginning of the movie "Hoosiers"
- Lost through truss bridge over Sugar Creek on CR 175 E
- Montgomery County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1913; replaced 1991
- - Elkhart Bridge & Iron Co. of Elkhart, Indiana
- 12-panel, Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 190.0 ft.
Total length: 191.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 21.0 ft.
- Also called
- Sugar Creek CR 175E Bridge
Old County Bridge #58
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.08322, -86.87100 (decimal degrees)
40°04'60" N, 86°52'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/510997/4437001 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 19 N., R. 4 W., Sec. 16
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5400044 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39475 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 94.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 4, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added name and new information
- March 8, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added alternate name
- April 4, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Builder
- February 8, 2009: Added by James Baughn