Whisnand Ford Bridge
Photo taken by Indiana Departement of Transportation
BH Photo #147379
Despite the nearness to Lampkin Ridge Road, this bridge was never a part of it. The span was moved here at some unknown time and was placed on new concrete abutments. It was probably meant to gain access to land on the other side of the creek, but there is no evidence that any road was ever built here.
This bridge has identical attributes to the former Kent Road Bridge that was built by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company.
- Abandoned pratt through truss bridge over Stephens Creek
- Monroe County, Indiana
- Built in 1890 over Griffey Creek; moved in 1930 to this location
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Wrought iron, pinned Pratt through truss.
Total length: 95.0 ft.
- Also called
- Robertson Ford Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.15194, -86.41055 (decimal degrees)
39°09'07" N, 86°24'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/550932/4333803 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 41286 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 3, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- September 2, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- May 5, 2015: New photos from Mike Daffron
- October 16, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added historic names and corrected build date
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added GPS coordinates
- October 9, 2009: Updated by J.P.: added alternative name.
- March 10, 2009: Added by Anthony Dillon