Harrodsburg Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446161
Vandals cut the lower chords of this bridge causing it to collapse into the creek.
- Lost Smith through truss bridge over Clear Creek on State Route 37 (Old Alignment)
- Monroe County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge after collapse due to vandalism.
- Built in 1874 by the Smith Bridge Company; replaced in 1949
- - Smith Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio
- Smith through truss
Length of largest span: 82.0 ft.
Total length: 88.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.01885, -86.54363 (decimal degrees)
39°01'08" N, 86°32'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/539507/4318967 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84921 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 21, 2021: New photo from Garrett DiDomizio
- May 22, 2020: New photo from Mike Daffron
- April 6, 2019: New photos from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Garrett DiDomizio - garrettdidomizio [at] gmail [dot] com