Cutright Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446362
One of several fine covered spans lost due to the building of Monroe Reservoir.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over Salt Creek on Knightridge Road
- Monroe County, Indiana
- Replaced with a causeway over Lake Monroe
- Built in 1863 by the Smith Bridge Company; removed in 1963 for the formation of Lake Monroe.
- - Smith Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio
- Howe through truss
12 panel truss
Length of largest span: 141.0 ft.
Total length: 147.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.07713, -86.41721 (decimal degrees)
39°04'38" N, 86°25'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/550410/4325497 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84877 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 14, 2022: New photo from Stewart Edwin Beitler
- February 21, 2021: New photo from Garrett DiDomizio
- April 9, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- April 2, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Garrett DiDomizio - garrettdidomizio [at] gmail [dot] com
- Stewart Edwin Beitler - stubear0430 [at] gmail [dot] com